Charitable Gift Annuity
Are you looking for a secure source of fixed income for now or your future? A charitable gift annuity provides you with a steady stream of fixed income for life, and the satisfaction of knowing that you are supporting the mission of the Botanical Garden.
How it Works
A charitable gift annuity is a contract between you and The New York Botanical Garden.
- You transfer property to The New York Botanical Garden. In exchange we pay you fixed income for life.
- The fixed income can be quite high depending on your age.
- A portion of your income stream may even be tax free.
- You will receive a charitable deduction for your gift of the remainder to The New York Botanical Garden and the satisfaction of furthering our mission.
Types of Assets You May Give
- If you decide to fund your gift annuity with cash, a significant portion of the annuity income will be tax free.
- You may make a gift of your appreciated securities to fund a gift annuity and avoid a portion of the capital gains tax.
Start Receiving Payments Now with a Current Gift Annuity
If you desire current income, you may transfer property in exchange for our promise to pay you fixed income beginning as early as this year. You will receive an income tax charitable deduction this year for the value of your gift to The New York Botanical Garden.
Deferred Gift Annuity for Income at Future Date
Perhaps you are not ready to begin receiving income until a future date, such as when you retire. You can establish a deferred gift annuity, receive a charitable income tax deduction this year and receive payments at a designated future time. Best of all, because you deferred your payments, your annual payment will be higher than with a current annuity. Contact us about flexible date options for your future income.
Contact us about flexible date options for your future income.